Although Math Analysis can be hard and easy at the same time, through out the year, I found out that it is very interesting. All the things that I learned in Algebra II will make more sense as I studied the derivation with a good understanding about the concept.
Knowing that this is a new type of classroom will make you feel uneasy. Well, at first, I was not used to the flipped classroom. However, as I paid more attention into my work and the given homework assignments on the WSQ chart, I felt like that I knew what to do and what I must complete for the next day. I think the most important thing that you should prepare for this class is working hard. It is not only important to Math Analysis, but also other classes as well. When I worked hard and followed “FITCH”, I found out how long it will take to answer a WSQ and I could work ahead by myself. It is helpful to work ahead sometimes because one day, you might have a lot of homework for other classes. Working at your own space allows you to have time to ask Mrs. Kirch any question in class. It makes you feel more responsible and more careful as you make your own schedule and give a good qualified answer for each question. It would be best if you can use the time in class to do your PQs, PTs, or ask question because class time is very valuable. Once in a while, you might get stuck on a problem. If you do the problems at home, you have no one to ask. Then later, you will forget about it and do badly on the test. However, if you do it in class, you can ask your friend for help or ask Mrs. Kirch for a great explanation.
Most girls, like me, do not like the technology as much as the boys do. But for this flipped classroom, you do not have to worry about technical problem. Mrs. Kirch provides a playlist that explains detail about how to create blog or a playlist. From the beginning, I was unsure if I did my blog right or wrong. I decided to ask Mrs. Kirch and she will explain what is missing and what is good. One of the skills that you need to know is that you should not feel scared or shy to ask any question. A tip that I can give to you is for the playlist link. Sometimes, after finishing the playlist, you should click “Refresh” in order to get a link for that new playlist. If you do not, the link box will be blank. It will be good for you to start the blog post or the homework early because if you have question before the day it is due, the answer will not help you finish your homework with a great quality.
Mrs. Kirch uses videos and other sources to teach online.
The normal routine that you had in your previous math classes will change. Most
teachers lecture in class and give students homework to do at home. However,
this Math Analysis class is different in a positive way. It allows the students
to practices problems in class and the homework will be the lecture online. It
provides some students the time to ask the teacher questions or go over some
confusing concepts. The flipped classroom also gives students the freedom to make
their own decision about whether or not when to watch the video or to work
ahead of time. Not only that, the classroom requires students to create their
own math problems and solve for them. It helps to increase the students’ skills
and their understanding on the topics.
Sincerely,
Tien N.
P.S: You will do great in class as long as you work hard and follow Mrs. Kirch's Rule. One important thing is that you "MUST" always make Mrs. Kirch feel happy, which means you need to avoid being called "CHEESEBUCKET" by Mrs. Kirch (I got called by that name twice. It gave me a sad feeling). Being an overachiever will give you a great year with high grade. Good Luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment